How do I re-partition a Pixel 80 hard disk?

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at ncc.UUCP
Wed Dec 24 05:58:38 AEST 1986

While upgrading our Pixel system to version 2.22, I decided to
try and repartition the drive (40 Meg). The default gives 2
slices: / and /usr. What I want is a single partition only.

I followed the intructions in the release notes, and got as far
as inserting disk 1 of the distribution set (MUF and boot disks
cycled through fine), and then received the message
"/tmp/dorestore########: not found" (or something to that effect),
and the machine rebotted. Now when I try to boot, the floppy
drive starts, does a single seek on the disk, dies for about 10
seconds, and then repeats the entire sequence. I have tried every
MUF and boot flop I have without sucess, which indicates to me that
there may be a corrupted boot image in the hard disk.

If anyone else has come across this problem, could you please
E-MAIL a description of how you got around it. I have to get this
machine up by the 29th of Dec... (read: no holidays for Lyndon!).

Here's the configuration:

	- 40 meg fixed disk
	- DSDD floppy
	- 1 meg RAM
	- 8 serial ports
	- Standard /config

Thanks.
--
Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM)      Systems Group - A Div. of Nexus Computing Corp.

UUCP: {ihnp4,ubc-vision,watmath}!alberta!ncc!lyndon  BITNET: USERCHNL at UALTAMTS