DOSIX - Info. Wanted

Ira M. Dworkin imd at ihlpl.UUCP
Fri Dec 19 08:05:54 AEST 1986

>From the 11/17/86 issue of InfoWorld:
	" Data Basics Inc. recently started shipping a UNIX shell that
	  emulates MS-DOS, allowing users to execute most DOS commands
	  ...In addition, because the product uses UNIX software as
	  its underlying operating system, Dosix allows users to do
	  multitasking.  The program runs on the IBM PC XT, PC AT,
	  and RT PC, ... Sperry PC/IT, ATT 6300 Plus, NCR Tower
	  series, AT&T's 3B series and workstations from Sun
	  Microsystems."

This sounds interesting, but I don't know where Data Basics is
noro I know their phone number.  Does anyone out there have any
experience with this product (or with other products from
Data Basics)?

Please send your responses via email.  If there is sufficient interest,
I will post a summary to the net.

Thanks.

Ira Dworkin
AT&T Bell Laboratories