Anyone know of a good Unix book?

Robert Switzer KA2CZU rs2 at houxu.UUCP
Thu Dec 18 00:09:08 AEST 1986

>	I would like to learn more about the Unix operating system.
>  Can anyone recommend to me a Unix book which explains the system well
>  to a person who knows very little about it?
>                                                Eileen McGowan
<>
"The Design of the UNIX Operating System"
by Maurice J. Bach, Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1986
ISBN 0-13-201799-7

"This book fives a detailed description of the operating system.  It
concentrates on a description of UNIX System V produced by AT&T but
considers interesting features provided by other versions too.  It examines
major data structures and algorithms used in the operating system that
ultimately provide the users with the standard user interface".
from Ch. 1 pg.1 of TDOTUOS.

Hope this helps.

--
<Disclaimer: the above are my sole representations and not the
 official opinion of my employer>