cbreak solution and wonderment

cnrdean at ucbtopaz.BERKELEY.EDU cnrdean at ucbtopaz.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Feb 14 12:39:24 AEST 1986

Thank you ALL for your help with my cbreak problem.  The
consensus was to use the setbuf (example below).  But, what is
interesting is that if I issue the command:

	system("stty cbreak -echo nl");

Output is unbuffered automatically. That is, I can use putchar();

Sam Scalise
Sample using setbuf:

	struct sgttyb
	rawmode;			/* Controlling tty raw mode */

	gtty(0,&rawmode);			/* restore it later */
	rawmode.sg_flags |= (CBREAK);
	rawmode.sg_flags &= ~(ECHO|XTABS|CRMOD);

	stty(0,&rawmode);			/* Put tty in raw mode */
--->	setbuf(stdout,NULL);