Large IP packets crashing machines.

jack at mcvax.UUCP jack at mcvax.UUCP
Mon Jul 14 19:21:25 AEST 1986

The Sun 2 kernel had a bug, which made that long packets could
crash the machine. I believe this bug was referred to as the 'remote sunset'
bug, and that it was most easily demonstrated by sending a large
ICP echo packet (using ping, or something like it).

Does anyone out there know what the fix to this was? I'm experiencing
a similar problem with our Whitechapel MG-1 workstations, and wondered
wether the problem might be something along the same line....
--
	Jack Jansen, jack at mcvax.UUCP
	The shell is my oyster.