VERY SERIOUS rmdir bug

charles at c3pe.UUCP charles at c3pe.UUCP
Wed Jul 30 06:03:03 AEST 1986

In article <1074 at inset.UUCP> dave at inset.UUCP (Dave Lukes) writes:
}In article <707 at basser.oz> john at basser.oz (John Mackin) writes:
}>To demonstrate the bug, do this:
}>
}>$ mkdir foo foo/bar
}>$ rmdir foo/bar/../bar
}>(rmdir will cough along the lines of "foo/bar/../bar not removed")
}
}What worries me is how many other hidden nasties are waiting in that nasty
}little (~~100 lines) piece of code.

What worries ME is the fact that our "fsck" doesn't even notice the missing
parent directory!  Isn't that one of the things "Check Connectivity" is for??
--
-Charles Green at C3 Inc.	{styx!seismo,cvl,dolqci}!decuac!c3pe!charles
	"Some try to tell me / Thoughts they cannot defend"    -The Moody Blues