undocumented tty ioctl's

guy at sun.UUCP guy at sun.UUCP
Fri Jul 11 04:33:12 AEST 1986

> You will find TIOCSTART, TIOCSTOP, and TIOCOUTQ all documented in this
> document that Guy posted.  It also mentions TIOCSTI; alas, not TIOCSETM
> nor TIOCREMOTE ...

All three of the first (along with the others I added documentation for) are
in the 4.3BSD manual page.  TIOCSETM isn't implemented in 4.2BSD or 4.3BSD,
and so isn't and shouldn't be documented.  TIOCREMOTE is not a general tty
driver feature, but a pseudo-tty driver feature, and is documented in the
4.2BSD and 4.3BSD "pty.4" manual page, although the explanation there leaves
something to be desired.
--
	Guy Harris
	guy at sun.com (or guy at sun.arpa)