changes to if.h (question)

Simon Kenyon simon at einode.UUCP
Sat Jul 26 01:44:08 AEST 1986

i am trying to add rick adams and jim mckies serial line tcp/ip
to my ultrix (1.2) microvax. it just seemed like an interesting
thing to do.
the routing stuff has changed however, from 4.2 to ultrix.
a number of questions then:

why is if_addr still in struct ifnet?
has that not been subsumed by if_addrlist->ifa_addr etc.

does any of the ultrix code still use if_addr?

has anybody done this already?
i want to use jims version, because it allows you to build up
and tear down connections. there is a user level daemon asociated
with the kernel stuff.

i am pleasently surprised that i can even contemplate doing this
sort of thing without having ultrix or 4.2 source :-)
--
Simon Kenyon			The National Software Centre, Dublin, IRELAND
simon at einode.UUCP						+353-1-716255