DELUA vs DEUNA under 4.3

John McInerney john at mplvax.nosc.MIL
Tue Jul 15 06:39:52 AEST 1986

Has anyone used the DELUA ethernet controller under 4.3?  I recently
installed 4.3 BSD in the hopes that the DEUNA driver would work with
the DEUNA.  It doesn't, at least for me.

The probe routine finds the csr and vector at the expected (standard)
locations, but the system then stops and doesn't configure any other
devices.  The DELUA pretty much passes its self test (it fails the
external loopback while on my machine, but, I believe, this is because
I have it attached to a DELNI and not to an H4080) and configures, so
I don't think that the board is bad.  Salkind at nyu believes that there
are people using his DEUNA driver for DELUA's and suggested that my
problem was the connection between the controller and the transceiver.
The connections seem fine but, as I said above, I am going through a
DELNI to a u-VAX II and not through a "real" ethernet.

Is a separate driver or a modification to the DEUNA driver required to
run the DELUA under 4.3?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
--
				John McInerney
				sdcsvax!mplvax!john	UUCP