"dual ported" sockets

David Coffield david at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 23:13:27 AEST 1986

Not a problem just a "has anyone done this already" type article ...

I'd like to have a *single* process capable of responding on two separate
sockets: one a datagram socket, the other a virtual circuit (same address,
different, but "well known", ports). I'm not sure if this is particularly
sane (or possible), and it probably involves the dreaded "select" sys call, but
if anyone has had a go at this and has any brief snippets of code they
could send as a "step for a hint" it'd be appreciated.

Thanks for tuning in anyway,

	David
--
uucp:   ...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!david     post: Department of Computing
arpa:   david%lancs.comp at ucl.cs              University of Lancaster, UK