Dial-Up Message on Ultrix 1.2

Paul Puglia puglia at funvax.UUCP
Wed Jul 9 08:36:55 AEST 1986

  On past versions of Ultrix the system printed a message to the console
when someone logged on to a port marked "dialup" in the /etc/ttytype.
The message was very similar to the SU message which does appear on the
console.  On version 1.2 I have been unable to get the system to print the
message.  I have played with syslog.config, but this gives me more
information then I want. Does anyone know how to turn this message logging
on?  Or is the still possible to do it in 1.2 ?  I've looked through the
system managers manual and have found no reference to it.  I would really
like the service back especially since we now have our Vaxen connected
to the outside world.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

                                  Paul J. Puglia
			          Fairfield University
                                  Department of Math and Computer Science