Testing modes of Sendmail

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Thu Jul 3 00:14:01 AEST 1986

In article <399 at ektools.UUCP> jim at ektools.UUCP (James H. Moore) writes:
>1) I noticed that the sendmail binary lost weight recently, down from
>     81K to about 74K.  Is this a 4.3bsd or an Ultrix-32 mod?
>2) This change seems to affect the testing modes.  ...
>     Is there another debug level which I could use to get rule by rule
>     interpretation?

It probably was re-compiled without -DDEBUG.  If you've got DEC
support, then perhaps they could re-compile you a copy of the same
version (cf. `what /usr/lib/sendmail`) with the DEBUG flag set.

>4) Is there anywhere outside of the code where documentation on the
>     debug levels exist?

I wish there were.  If you find any, wouldst send me a copy or a
pointer?  (Byval or byref ... ;-) )

		john < @ .  LOCAL . UUCP . arpa >

--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}
			jsdy at hadron.COM (not yet domainised)