UUCP

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sat Jul 5 03:33:45 AEST 1986

In article <1884 at brl-smoke.ARPA>
es!Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP at HARVARD.HARVARD.EDU writes:

>>From: Josh Diamond <jdia%osiris.uucp at BRL.ARPA>
>>I am trying to send a file that I have in my account on on machine to
>>another account on another machine via uucp. ... The destination is ...
>>reached via the following route: aplcen!umcp-cs!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!jdia

>The easy solution is to mail the file if it is <100k and not binary, i.e.
>     mail aplcen!umcp-cs!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!~jdia/test.uucp.file \
>       < test.uucp.file

That is indeed the easy solution, but the constraints and the command
are a bit different.  I believe that somewhere along that path the
file must be no more than 50000 bytes.  Also, mailing directly to files
does (or at least should) not work that way, for security reasons; use

	mail aplcen!umcp-cs!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!jdia

and use your mail reader to save it to a file.

>If all the systems involved are System V . . .

Neither umcp-cs nor seismo run System V.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1516)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu