looking for test sites for telnetd in kernel

Charles Hedrick hedrick at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU
Sun Jul 6 15:39:11 AEST 1986

Several months ago, I produced a version of nyit!rick's code that
moves most of the telnet and rlogin server into the kernel.  (rick's
code handled only rlogin.)  It decreases the overhead of incoming
network connections dramatically.  This code has been running for some
time at Rutgers.  I would like to post it to mod.sources.  However we
have tried it only on Pyramids.  It seems like a posting would be more
useful if the code were known to work on VAXen also.  There are
conditionals which should allow it to work on VAXen, but before doing
a public posting, I would like someone to test it for me.  It has run
successfully at one non-Pyramid site.  However a VAX site has had
trouble with it.  That site also has other changes of their own that
may be interacting badly.  So I'd like to find a VAX site that does
not modify their terminal code, or that is willing to track down any
problems to see whether it is due to my code or theirs.  Would anyone
like to do this testing for me?

The code was written for 4.2.  It has conditionals to allow it to be
used either with or without NFS.