Pyramids

Brandon Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Thu Jul 31 09:06:21 AEST 1986

Expires:

Quoted from <538 at pyramid.UUCP> ["Re: UUCP USERFILE"], by csg at pyramid.UUCP...
+---------------
| >(Does Pyramid have two versions of "init", for
| >instance?  You can't do that.  You have to choose one or the other, or have
| >a hybrid that reads "/etc/ttys" *and* "/etc/inittab" - if that's even
| >possible.)
|
| Yes and no. Yes we have two versions of init, one for Berkeley and one for
| AT&T. And yes, they *both* know how to read both /etc/ttys and /etc/inittab,
| and do them correctly. (Within limits. When setting the baud, for example, the
| ucb init uses /etc/gettytab, and the att init uses /etc/inittab.) But no, you
| can't use both simultaneously; you have to chose one or the other.

That must be confusing.  What of getty?  One /etc/gettytab, one
/etc/gettydefs.  Do you have to specify which universe a port runs in, then
change the correct getty initialization file?

++Brandon
--
  ---------------- /--/	Brandon S. Allbery		UUCP: decvax!cwruecmp!
 /              / /|\/	Tridelta Industries, Inc.        ncoast!tdi2!brandon