Pyramid system design

Jim Hutchison hutch at sdcsvax.UUCP
Wed Jul 30 16:16:53 AEST 1986

In article <5446 at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> hedrick at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Charles Hedrick) writes:
>I don't know the exact reason for doing all of this, but I can guess.

Yet another consideration is the fact that you can write code that is portable
between the two "universes" and test this fact immediately, without 2 machines.
You can also do (pardon sudden relegious urge :-) work in the universe you
prefer for the vile universe (the one you may feel some disdain for).  Being
spoiled by unclean but useful job control and such does not make me not want
to use things like streams and shared memory.

Yes, I realize pyramids don't have streams, but its the concept!  Working in an
environment different from your test environment and being on the same machine.
Like sitting on a sun doing ms-dos work via cross-compiler, but without
having to change machines (or even have 2 machines).
--
    Jim Hutchison   UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!hutch
		    ARPA:	Hutch at sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
 "When you are going to die, a wombat is better than no company at all." -RZ