Need Help with LaserJet+

Mike Schloss mike at enmasse.UUCP
Wed Jul 9 13:00:29 AEST 1986

I am running UNIX Sys V and I am having a problem with
a HP LaserJet+ trying to use the Portrait Compressed Line
Printer font.  I am trying to get the most information I
can on one piece of paper so I am attempting to use the
full 132 col by 84 lines on a page.  According to the manuals
(both Operators and Technical Ref.) I can set the page size
to 88 and the text size to 84.  Any attempt to set the page
size to greater than 66 is ignored although I can set the
page size to be less than 66.

Here is the section of the code that initializes the printer:

	echo "\033E\c"		# Reset printer

	# Portrait Compressed Line Printer Font
	echo "\033&l0O\033(8U\033(s0p16.66h8.5v0s0b0T"

	echo "\033&l88P"	# Page Length 88 Lines
	echo "\033&l8D"		# 8 Lines Per Inch
	echo "\033&l2E"		# Top Margin Line 2
	echo "\033&l84F"	# Text Length 84 Lines

	# This doesn't work either
	echo "\033&l2e5.647c89F\033&k2S"

Anyone see what I am doing wrong?  The font appears correctly.
The printer uses the full page when told to use 6 LPI.
Please respond by Email and I will summarize to the net.
Thanks in advance.
				Mike Schloss
				enmasse!mike