BASIC for 3Bs?

john john at scirtp.UUCP
Thu Jul 31 02:59:47 AEST 1986

Bill Mitchell ({ihnp4,noao,mcnc,utah-cs}!arizona!whm) asks:
> > Does anybody know of a BASIC compiler for 3B systems?

Steven Harrison (ihnp4!jack!wolf!steve) replies:

> Basmark Corp.
> 1717 East Ninth Street
> Cleveland Ohio  44144
>
> They have told me they have a port running on the 3B line of machines

	We at SCI have reason to believe that a BASIC compiler for the
AT&T 3B2 and 3B5 machines exists (since we wrote one for a third-party
subcontractor to AT&T).  It will accept BASIC code written for the IBM
1.0 BASIC compiler, without graphics, sound, and IBM-PC-specific commands.
Last we heard, it had passed acceptance tests;  but we don't know if AT&T
is offering it as a product.  DISCLAIMER:  SCI does not have the right to
distribute this compiler, so we can't send you a copy.  Sorry.

--
	   John Hampton  	{akgua,decvax}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!tools!john
	   SCI Systems , Inc. 	Research Triangle Park, NC  27709