rdist

Jim Reid jim at cs.strath.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 01:16:02 AEST 1986

In article <394 at nike.UUCP> jordan at nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>4.3 is shipping currently, so you have no reason not to get it.

Oh yes there is! BSD Unix is subject to US Export regulations and won't be
available to folk outside the USA until the paperwork is sorted. This will
probably take 6-12 months. We even got nice release documentation telling
us how wonderful 4.3 is and how we can't get it yet.

Aren't hi-tech embargos wonderful? Must go - there's trouble with our uucp
link to the Kremlin... :-) :-)

		Jim

ARPA:	jim%cs.strath.ac.uk at ucl-cs.arpa, jim at cs.strath.ac.uk
UUCP:	jim at strath-cs.uucp, ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!strath-cs!jim
JANET:	jim at uk.ac.strath.cs

"JANET domain ordering is swapped around so's there'd be some use for rev(1)!"