VAX 730 system

etk at ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP etk at ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Fri Jul 18 00:43:50 AEST 1986

We're running a VAX/730 system under 4.2bsd, it has an "idc" controller
for the R80 and RL02 disk plus a UDA50 for an RA81. Has anyone out there
had any luck with trying to use the RL02? I'd like to be able to use
either the root or "g" partiton of this disk as an archival area and
perhaps leave a mini-root there for catastrophic rebuilding of the system.
However, everytime I try to access it as device "rb1" (rb0 is the R80)
the system crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.