tftp on VMS (TWG)

art at acc.arpa art at acc.arpa
Sat May 17 04:23:55 AEST 1986

> The VMS vax is running TWGs WINS/VX TCP/IP software. The
> only TCP/IP software I know for macs is the CMU software which
> only supports TFTP (not FTP), while the WINS software does not
> support TFTP (but does support FTP). I also have eunice on the
> vms vax, which means that the Berkeley socket library is
> available there.
>
> Has anyone ported TFTP to VMS?

Have you looked closely at your TWG system?  We have tftp with it
here, and have used it to talk to an ULTRIX system.  The tftp
server is not supported by TWG's server daemon, but rather runs
as a separate daemon which is not started in a default installation.

Whether TWG cleaned up all of the 4.2BSD bugs in tftp/udp is a
question I can't answer, but I believe they have a package for
the IBM PC (MIT based I think) which I seem to recall talks tftp
to the VMS version.
				<Art at ACC.ARPA>

------