\"special\" shells a security hole?

clive at druhi.UUCP clive at druhi.UUCP
Wed Feb 18 12:28:54 AEST 1987

Probably, I don't have the gruedom to know why something like this
won't quickly 'automaintain' all those 'thousands of makefiles' to say
what their shell should be:

    find interestingdir \
	\( -name Makefile -o -name makefile -o -name \*\.mk \) (etc.) \
	-exec addshellname {} \;

    where addshellname does something like

	 echo "SHELL=/bin/sh" > /tmp/${$}
	 rm /tmp/${$}

Frankly, it would probably be a good idea all around, given the
experiences I've had with ksh, for instance, breaking makes.
Especially on small memoried machines.

Users should be able to use any shell; and Makefiles also, not
necessarily the same one.

Always put that line in, myself.