Sun-3 communication with Xerox using Ethernet ?

dw at rocksanne.UUCP dw at rocksanne.UUCP
Wed Feb 18 23:46:56 AEST 1987

In article <1690 at enea.UUCP>, mats at enea.UUCP (Mats Josefsson) writes:

> I'm looking for a way to connect Sun-3 workstations with
> Xerox (Big Ben) workstations using Ethernet.  The main
> requirement is to be able to transfer files, but the need
> for more functionality will surely arise when people
> start using the systems.
>
> [Plus some stuff about ways to do this]

It depends on what software you're running on the Xerox workstation. If
you're running XDE or Lisp you're in luck, for both support TCP/IP.
If you're running Viewpoint, though, you've gotta talk XNS.

Note: TCP/IP is supported in XDE 5.0, which has been available for a few
months.

/Don
--
"Spock's on drugs. Blast him with the phasers!"

Don Wegeng	Wegeng.Henr at Xerox.COM	seismo!rochester!rocksanne!dw