VAX 780/782 FCO

ktureski at omnitor.UUCP ktureski at omnitor.UUCP
Sat Feb 28 00:33:39 AEST 1987

> We just received an FCO from DEC for our 11/780's.  It performs an
> upgrade to "Revision 8 or 8B".  Quoting from the document
>
> 	New FPLA pattern is required to support WCS 125 microcode.
> 	New microcode fixes problems with EDITPC EO$ADJUST_INPUT,
> 	ASHP, XFC, MOVP, CALLS/CALLG, REI, REMQUE, and RET
> 	instrustions.
>
> The package contains a ROM, some jumpers, and a new console floppy.
> Has anyone else had the FCO put in?  Does it break 4.3BSD?

DEC just did the same on our 780 (running 4.2BSD). The only trick is to make
sure that wcs125.pat gets loaded off the floppy instead of wcs124.pat. We've
modified our boot floppy, so I arff'ed wcs125.pat off the new, and put it on
the old. But having both wcs124.pat and wcs125.pat didn't work -- wcs124.pat
got loaded anyway. Once I removed wc124.pat, everything was fine. I've got
another boot floppy with wcs124.pat in case we ever get an old ROM in.

Kevin Tureski
Omnibus Computer Graphics Inc.
2180 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M4S 2B9
416-489-6020

UUCP:   {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!watmath!omnitor!ktureski