Time for 64-bit longs?

jbuck at epimass.UUCP jbuck at epimass.UUCP
Sun Feb 1 05:21:39 AEST 1987

In article <291 at mtxinu.UUCP> ed at mtxinu.UUCP (Ed Gould) writes:
>The problem is not that the VAX code assumes int == long (it often
>does make that assumption, but those are bugs) but that C defines
>only two sizes of integer: long and short.  Int may be either,
>depending on the implementation, but it must be one or the other.

Please quote chapter and verse of K&R or the ANSI draft standard.
I don't recall seeing this anywhere.  K&R only guarantees

	sizeof (short) <= sizeof (int) <= sizeof (long)

--
- Joe Buck 	{hplabs,ihnp4,sun,ames}!oliveb!epimass!jbuck	HASA (A,S)
  Entropic Processing, Inc., Cupertino, California