trackball/mouse interface

csc at riccb.UUCP csc at riccb.UUCP
Thu Feb 26 14:18:09 AEST 1987

i`m looking for some information on interfacing a trackball
(dedicated to a tty port) that will write to a dedicated terminal
port.  i want to use this for data input from application
programs i`ve written with curses.

how do i get the mouse tty structure to point to the structure of
my shell process?  i was hoping to just fork this program off in
my .profile and have it open my tty for writing and it will take
care of updating the tty structure with the current row/col info.
but i'm not sure how to have it update another tty structure.
Xenix SYS III (which i'm using) has a t_chan in the tty structure
which appears to be meant for this. any help is appreciated
i will post to the net if any are interested.

                                                      *** * ***
Craig S. Curtin                                     ***** * *****
Rockwell International (WTPD)                      ****** * ******
(312) 985-9000 x2376                               *****  *  *****