Request for help :- seek or lseek ?

theo at natmlab.UUCP theo at natmlab.UUCP
Mon Feb 9 11:06:26 AEST 1987

This should probably be in comp.unix.questions and/or comp.unix.xenix
but I do not have access to those groups. So here comes a request for help.

Firstly , this is what we've got :

	11/73 CPU running Xenix 2.4
	4 * RLO2 disks
	2 * RXO2 flopies
	Some other stuff I hope is not relevant to this question

This system used to run under RT11 and consequently we had a lot of
old data files to resque and put onto the new system. I got my hands on
a programme called RTPIP which seemed as if it was exactly what we needed.
The problem is this : RTPIP calles a function called seek, which does
not seem to exist on my system. For example RTPIP includes statements like ;

	seek(rtdev.fdes,bloknu,3); seek(rtdev.fdes,bytnu,1);

where all variables are ints. It seems as if seek is an old (or new ?) version
of lseek (which we do have) but they are obviously not the same. Does anyone
out there in net land know how I can get RTPIP to work on my system ? If not
can anyone mail me a man page of seek so I can at least try and fundge a
function that looks like seek using lseek ?

	Ta in advance

	Theo ten Brummelaar

	National Measurement Laboratory
	C.S.I.R.O.

Time flies like an arrow , fruit flies like an orange.
ACSnet: theo at natmlab			CSNET:	theo at natmlab.oz
ARPA:	theo%natmlab.oz at seismo.css.gov	JANET:  natmlab.oz!theo at ukc
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!natmlab.oz!theo