shared memory in BSD 4.2

mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Sat Feb 21 00:21:47 AEST 1987

In article <5294 at mimsy.UUCP>, chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> In article <4200 at brl-adm.ARPA> stevens at anl-mcs.arpa (Rick L. Stevens) writes:
>> Does anyone know how to map memory from two processes ( child and
>> parent) to refer to the same virtual addresses? ...  I have tracked
>> down mmap and munmap ....

> Not implemented yet.  These remain unimplemented in 4.3BSD.

Sigh.  However, I did write code allowing processes to share memory
without using mmap/munmap.  I wrote this for 4.2, but we've gone to 4.3
and I don't have the 4.2 code without groveling through *lots* of
tapes.  If anyone is interested, I can describe what has to be done or
maybe send out the code (I'd have to check some things, like, how much
is really 4.3 code I reused for the purpose).

					der Mouse

USA: {ihnp4,decvax,akgua,utzoo,etc}!utcsri!musocs!mcgill-vision!mouse
     think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse
Europe: mcvax!decvax!utcsri!musocs!mcgill-vision!mouse
ARPAnet: think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse at harvard.harvard.edu