bsd 4.? source licence

merlin at hqda-ai.UUCP merlin at hqda-ai.UUCP
Mon Feb 9 07:58:17 AEST 1987

[Tried to mail this direct, but "You can't get there from here."]

     I did this a few months ago, here's my results.  First, you
must be licensed for source code from AT&T.  Contact is:

     Craig Cooke
     AT&T Technologies
     PO Box 25000
     Greensborough, NC  24720
     Phone:  919-855-2740

The address may be out-of-date, but I know the phone number is
good - I called it a week ago.

     Berkeley will require a copy of your AT&T license before they
ship you 4.x.  Any AT&T version after version 7 (System 3 or 5 is
ok) will do, but the license must be for source code.  Berkeley
won't ship object-only distributions.  The Unix licensing agent at
UCB is:

     Pauline Schwartz, Distribution Coordinator
     Computer Systems Research Group
     Computer Science Division, EECS
     University of California
     Berkeley, CA  94720
     Phone:  415-624-7780

     Berkeley requires payment of an additional $1,000.  If you're
upgrading from 4.2, the payment is only $600.  AT&T fees depend on
the type of machine you wish to license.

     Hope this helps out.  We deliver.
--
	David S. Hayes, The Merlin of Avalon
	PhoneNet:	(202) 694-6900