Of csh & filepointers & fopen calls ...

karl at osu-eddie.UUCP karl at osu-eddie.UUCP
Sun Feb 15 22:42:23 AEST 1987

guy%gorodish at Sun.COM writes:
>   The System V.3 *what*?

No kidding, that could make several people's stomach's do gymnastics.
If there's a V.3 Csh, I sure wish someone would tell *me* about it,
and I'd give up my own version.

No such thing exists except as local hacks like mine, and I doubt
anyone wants to make it part of official SysV.anything.  Too bad in
some ways, very good in others.

Besides, it's absolutely no problem at all to get the printf()
incompatibilities out of the way.  Just go to any ex/vi source area
and pick up the portable printf (in C) - it drops right into csh in
place of the standard (ha - assembly code as standard) printf.c and
doprnt.c.
--
Karl