How do you define "logged in"?

lrj at batcomputer.UUCP lrj at batcomputer.UUCP
Wed Feb 4 02:44:02 AEST 1987

In article <12526 at sun.uucp> guy at sun.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
>>W also has a tendency not to realize when you log out -- I think
>>as long as a pty doesn't get reused, w still thinks you are logged in
>>there.

>"w" prints a line for every seemingly-active line in the "utmp" file.
>SunView should be clearing lines out whenever a window is closed;
>if it's not, there's some sort of problem.

	  This was a bug under SunOS 3.0 which appears fixed under
	SunOS 3.2  The /etc/utmp entries were not being cleaned
	up by Suntools when it exitted.  It also seems that
	the 3.0 bug of Suntools leaving window sizes hanging around
	in a tty struct for innocent people using rlogin has been fixed.

				-- Lewis R. Jansen, LASSP Systems Grunt
					lrj at lasspvax.tn.cornell.edu