Parallel port for SUN 3 (VME)

jbn at glacier.UUCP jbn at glacier.UUCP
Fri Feb 6 08:40:50 AEST 1987

     Has anyone implemented a driver for a BIDIRECTIONAL parallel port?
(The standard printer interface is output-only.)  I need 8-bit parallel
data transfer in both directions but on separate lines with appropriate
handshake lines.  Data rate will be very slow, under 100 bytes/sec.
I'd like to use some low-cost off-the-shelf VMEbus card, such as the
Motorola offering.  Anybody done this yet?  I hate writing drivers.

					John Nagle

(What's on the other end?  An IBM Series I driving an IBM 7575 robot.
The only I/O supported by the robot software is parallel.)