Help in attacking a `secure' UNIX

preece at ccvaxa.UUCP preece at ccvaxa.UUCP
Thu Feb 26 01:50:00 AEST 1987

  tullis at uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu:
> neither are methods such as loading the system down until it crashes.
----------
This would be acceptable if it had some interesting side effect that
got you special access or if it could be used to otherwise compromise
security; it just wouldn't be very interesting if the only effect you
were able to accomplish were temporary denial of service.

[I should note that I'm not involved in organizing the struggle and
I don't know what kind of rules were set up for it; I would, however,
be personally intersted if overloading the system compromised
it.]

--
scott preece
gould/csd - urbana