UNIX to VMS via DECNET

cdash at boulder.UUCP cdash at boulder.UUCP
Sat Feb 7 05:45:34 AEST 1987

In article <3056 at osu-eddie.UUCP> bob at osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) writes:
>In article <3019 at gitpyr.gatech.EDU> allen at gitpyr.gatech.EDU (P. Allen Jensen) writes:
>>I have an immediate need to be able to get files to/from a DEC
>>micro-Vax running VMS 4.4 and DECNET from/to a UNIX system.
>
>Forget about DECnet.

from vax to sun is (for us) easy
type in: telnet | tee savefile
then   : open grumpy (the terminal server name for our vax running vms)
then   : log in and type the file and log out
then   : edit savefile to remove the extrania

the other way is harder. What would be nice is to have our kermit connect to
telnet, but nobody here has figured out how to do that. We go the other way by
kermitting from the sun to a small pc and then kermitting from the small pc to
the vax.