Sun-3 communication with Xerox using Ethernet ?

zben at umd5.UUCP zben at umd5.UUCP
Tue Feb 17 09:15:53 AEST 1987

In article <9233 at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> hedrick at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Charles Hedrick) writes:

> Unfortunately the term "Big Ben" doesn't mean anything to me.  ...

Quoted from the original article:

> From: mats at enea.UUCP (Mats Josefsson)
> Mats Josefsson, ENEA DATA, Sweden

Careful there.  "Big Ben" might be a European marketing name for something
sold in the U.S. under a different name.  Might even be something not sold
in the U.S. at all.  In any case, let's not be cultural chauvenists here.
Name changes do happen in international marketing, sometimes for the most
innocent of reasons.  Remember what Coca Cola means in Chinese, and why
they changed it?  :-)   (I don't remember but it was pretty ikky...)
--
                    umd5.UUCP    <= {seismo!mimsy,ihnp4!rlgvax}!cvl!umd5!zben
Ben Cranston zben @ umd2.UMD.EDU    Kingdom of Merryland UniSys 1100/92