Look and Feel Lawsuits (was: Copyrighting trivial code)

paradis at encore.UUCP paradis at encore.UUCP
Thu Feb 12 02:40:00 AEST 1987

I just thought of something... if Lotus wins their "look and feel" lawsuit,
they will effectively have control over a very large portion of the electronic
spreadsheet market.  Would that not then make them a potential target for
an anti-trust lawsuit?  Think about it... Lotus is in the perfect position
to end up the loser.  They're big enough to squeeze out little guys, but
they're not big enough to confound the Justice Department the way IBM did!

   +----------------+  Jim Paradis                  linus--+
+--+-------------+  |  Encore Computer Corp.       necntc--|
|  | E N C O R E |  |  257 Cedar Hill St.           ihnp4--+-encore!paradis
|  +-------------+--+  Marlboro MA 01752            necis--|
+----------------+     (617) 460-0500             talcott--+
All opinions are my own... Encore doesn't know I'm saying any of this!