Sun-3 communication with Xerox using Ethernet ?

newbery at vuwcomp.UUCP newbery at vuwcomp.UUCP
Fri Feb 20 08:30:55 AEST 1987

In article <24944 at rochester.ARPA> ken at rochester.UUCP (SKY) writes:
||innocent of reasons.  Remember what Coca Cola means in Chinese, and why
||they changed it?  :-)   (I don't remember but it was pretty ikky...)
|
|Actually it wasn't "Coca Cola" but the slogan "Coke adds life" which
|some inept translator rendered as "Coke brings your ancestors back from
|the dead".

I believe the phonetic transliteration of Coca Cola translates as
"Bite the wax tadpole" ! See "The Wizard Masters of Peng-Shi Angle" by
Frederik Pohl.

--
Michael Newbery

ACSnet:	newbery at vuwcomp.nz  UUCP: {ubc-vision,alberta}!calgary!vuwcomp!newbery
Une boule qui roule tue les poules.		(Landslides kill chickens)