fsdb problems

sean at avec.UUCP sean at avec.UUCP
Wed Feb 11 16:31:19 AEST 1987

I'm on a National Semiconductor ICM-3216, running V.2.
This evening, I ran an fsck and trashed my /dev/dsk AND /dev/rdsk
directories; of course the contents ended up in /lost+found, however
I can't run fsdb on /lost+found/000216, because fsdb not only seems to
want the proper device, but also cares about where it lives.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Couldn't it assume that I know what I'm running it on, and if it was really
friendly, it could politely vomit if I ran it on something other than a raw
device?

Thanks.

Sean MacGuire - Quadratron Canada Inc.
inhp4!philabs!micomvax!avec!sean