Latest indent request

Tim Beres beres at cadnetix.COM
Thu Dec 15 09:26:02 AEST 1988

In article <9135 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>Presumably the One True Brace Style refers to that used by K&R 1st Ed.
>But note that K&R are not dogmatic about it..
>
>ANSI C does not dictate style.

Neither are we dogmatic (Cadnetix).  We have coding guidelines, but these
do not attempt to dictact the OTBS.  When I first joined the graphics
group, I noticed that everyone was using the OTWBS (one true WRONG brace
style);  it seems that it had carried over from the dawn of graphics code
(about 4 years ago, for C).  Well, being the do-gooder that I am, I
went and indented (1) a couple of modules.  Upon discovery of this good
deed, I was asked to show what changes I had made to the modules, via
RCS diff.  Uh-oh.

I now use existing style wherever appropriate.  Naturally, I use my
vastly superior (-: style when writing new code.  BTW, I use:

	if (detroit_lions_ever_win){
	    /*
	     * This path almost never exercised, but it did happen in 1957.
	     */
	    joyous_celebration = 1;
	}

			Tim

------>MY SOAPBOX (I speak not for Cadnetix nor any enjoined entity)
	OK, one more time:  This is a frying pan.....this is an egg....
	   this is an egg in a frying pan....JUST SAY OVER EASY
Tim Beres   beres at cadnetix.com  {uunet,boulder,nbires}!cadnetix!beres