Trojan horse possible with news readers

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Mon Dec 5 15:42:36 AEST 1988

In article <415 at ivucsb.UUCP>, news at ivucsb.UUCP (Todd Day) writes:
> In article <1627 at valhalla.ee.rochester.edu> badri at valhalla.ee.rochester.edu (Badri Lokanathan) writes:
> ~The only safeguard is to disable modeline.
> vi on the UNIXPC allows this behaviour, yet I see no way to disable it!
> It defaults to modelines, yet, there is no command to disable it.

There was, recently, a patch posted to unix-pc.sources that takes care
of modeline.

> And the UNIXPC is supposed to be SVR3...

Ha.  Ha ha ha.  See the summary.

> "Why is she wrong?  Because *she* is a *girl*, and *this* is *science*!"
This guy (from Saturday Night Live) taught at my high school, I think.

--
"It's hard being a Devo fan these days.  It's not cool to be a Devo
fan anymore.  It takes courage."  -- Devo, at their '88 Houston show