opening telnet virtual circuits.

William C. VerSteeg dnwcv at dcatla.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 07:19:12 AEST 1988

We are trying to offload serial ports from SUN workstations. To this end,
I am trying to find out how to use a TCP/IP/Telnet terminal server
as a print device. I know how to set the box up, and can call
from the SUN to the server using Telnet.

What I can't figure out is how to make my print deamon open (and
possibly re-open after a failure) the pseudo-ttyport. i.e. I want
the printer run off of ttyp0 instead of ttya0.

Any pointers to documentation or script files would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill VerSteeg