Curses Problem

Ray P. Hill ray at madnix.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 15:15:41 AEST 1988

Curses Experts:

	Why does the following curses code sample produce a different output
	on UNIX systems?

	Some machines produce and map both windows while others map both
	windows to the same location on the screen. Our VAX, Sun3, 386i, and
	286 XENIX machines work correctly (2 windows), while 386 XENIX and
	Pyramid (AT&T universe) work incorrectly (1 window).

	|-----|			|-----|
	|     |			|     |
	|  |-----| = Working	|     | = Broken
	|  |     |		|     |
	|--|     |		|-----|
 	   |     |
  	   |-----|

	Can someone show me how to make this code sample work?

						Thanks.
						Ray Hill
						ray at madnix
---- Cut Here ----
echo x - test.c
cat > "test.c" << '//E*O*F test.c//'
/*  COMPILE WITH:
 *  cc -O -o test test.c -lcurses -ltermcap
 */

#include	<curses.h>

main()
  {
  WINDOW	*win;

  initscr();
  win = newwin(10, 10, 0, 0);
  box(win, '|', '-');
  overwrite(win, stdscr);
  win = newwin(10, 10, 5, 5);
  box(win, '|', '-');
  overwrite(win, stdscr);
  move(16, 0);
  refresh();
  endwin();
  }
//E*O*F test.c//

exit 0
--
UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!ray
                                 {decvax|att}!      !