Standards

Clayton Cramer cramer at optilink.UUCP
Thu Dec 22 07:55:03 AEST 1988

In article <10024 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US., jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) writes:
. In article <3245 at ingr.com.. crossgl at ingr.UUCP (Gordon Cross) writes:
. .Well, well.  At last I've learned something new!!  I wonder how many MILLIONS
. .OF DOLLARS (of your money as well as mine) the government is spending on this
. .stuff.  Think about the savings if the government would just keep their hands
. .out of the pot and let the defense contractors deliver the finished product!!
.
. The purpose of coding standards is to SAVE money.  The development
. phase is ends when the product is finished.  After that, the product
. must be maintained.  It is hoped that consistent coding standards will
. save money in the maintenance phase.
.
. Please read `The Mythical Man Month' if you have any more questions.
. --

Or even work on one real world project, with real world quality
software engineers.

--
Clayton E. Cramer
{pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer          (Note new path!)