Latest indent request

Unix Consultation Mailbox consult at osiris.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 08:43:46 AEST 1988

In article <5428 at sneaky.TANDY.COM> gordon at sneaky.UUCP (Gordon Burditt) writes:
>Before anyone gets too enthusiastic about running all code in sight
>through indenter/beautifier programs so they conform to THE correct
>brace style, be very sure you aren't destroying code in the process.

Yup.  The last time I tried running an example file through one of our
vailable versions of cb (under the SysV side of Pyramid OSx), using a
certain option (-j, I think), it decided that my "->"s were all two
consecutive tokens and split some of them across newlines.  My compilers
were NOT amused, making the problem easier to find than Gordon's
suggestions indicated, but any programmer who thinks that just because
a file passes cc means it's correct should be [insert favorite method of
painful public execution here]...

Phil Kos        uunet!pyrdc!osiris!phil       The Johns Hopkins Hospital