How to join the Secure Unix Security Mailing List

Andrew Burt aburt at isis.UUCP
Fri Dec 9 01:10:25 AEST 1988

Here are the official procedures for joining the "secure" Unix
security mailing list (the old one that has awoken again).

Please follow these procedures -- requests mailed to my personal account
will not be honored, sorry.

How to join:

	Because of the high volume of requests to join, and the measures
	taken to insure only trustworthy people are allowed on the list,
	the procedure to join takes a couple steps, starting as follows.

	Send mail to "isis!sec-request-application" with a *message*
	containing one line, of the form:

path= path!from!isis!to!your!machine

	or

path= machine.net.organization.domain

	(Note, a username must NOT be included.)

	*** A formal request-to-join form will be mailed to "root" at the   ***
	*** above address.  Fill out that form, which will be in machine    ***
	*** readable format, and return it to the address it will indicate. ***

	More information will be included in the second message on why
	this step is needed and how you will be verified as "trustworthy".
--

Andrew Burt 				   			ncar!isis!aburt

	      "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."