Autologout of unused terminals

Physically Pffft jlh at loral.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 04:57:35 AEST 1988

In article <3603 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Larry Wall) writes:
>Not only that, but idle-killers are so easy to spoof, unless you disable
>people from executing utime() or ioctl().
>Larry Wall
>lwall at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov

Hmmm, mine just sleeps X minutes, then asks the terminal what type it is.
from the terminal itself, then through the data lines, muxes, data switches,
and god knows what else, instead of the cpu just talking to itself.
I wrote this when our logout was 20 minutes, about the time it takes
to take a leak, get some coffee, and talk to the new blond in accounting.

								Jim
					"I deleted that sucker.  Honest!"

Jim Harkins		jlh at loral.cts.com
Loral Instrumentation, San Diego