how do I tell the size of a pseudoterm window?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 04:02:24 AEST 1988

>Do you think that a windowing system running on SysVr3 should support
>the layers/xt ioctl for window size?  (I don't mean whether it should
>allow such a function,

I presume you realize that if it supports more than one size of "tty
window" (i.e., window in which you can run a program that wants to talk
to a "dumb" terminal), it should allow such a function.

>just whether it should use the same ioctl command code and return the
>same data structure.)

I think future S5 releases will have TIOCGWINSZ, 4.3BSD-style; you
should probably consider supporting both.