NFS security

David P. Lithgow dpl at cisunx.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 09:26:06 AEST 1988

-----------
To all networking afficionados,

	I'm looking for information/scripts/code on determining the
level of security of Ultrix and other BSD-compatible systems vis-a-vis
NFS access.  I'm hoping that something is out there which would assist in
keeping this system secure against intrusion and also be a tool for new
Sun workstations coming online - to make sure that the new system
administrator has secured the appropriate partitions in /etc/exports, among
other things..

	Is /etc/exports the only nfs security mechanism between the
world and the workstation user?

	If you have any references, or experiences, please pass them
along, and I will summarize interesting results back to the net.
--
David P. Lithgow                Sr. Systems Analy./Pgmr., Univ. of Pittsburgh
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore,ihpn4!cadre,decvax!idis,psuvax1}!pitt!cisunx!dpl