password security

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Thu Dec 8 00:20:23 AEST 1988

ted at nmsu.edu writes:
> The bank claimed that she had made 5 withdrawals in one day for virtually
> the entire amount [$700] in the account

	The Citibank atms have limits on the number of cash withdrawals and
the total amount of cash you can withdraw in one day.  I don't remember the
exact numbers, but it's something like 2 transactions a day for up to $500
total.  It seems to me that any system which does not have a similar
safeguard is lax about security.  GOK what this has to do with unix
wizards, though.
--
Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute