Sortbib And Lookbib

S. Manoharan sam at lfcs.ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 27 20:39:16 AEST 1988

The %A format I used in the bib-database is:

       [last name], [first name initial]. [mid name initial]

When I use sortbib ( without any key options ) it sorts in a funny
way that I can't make out. The manual however says that sorting
would be according to the "lastname" ( in my case this should be
equal to the [mid name initial] ). Could anyone clear my doubt?
I would be glad if I could sort the database in the "first author"
order. Is there a way to do this according to my format?

The lookbib does not retrieve the full record when a match is found.
In some cases, it prints only the match line. And in some cases
it seems to print the full record. Any explanations?

Thanks in advance.

      /|  /|                  Janet: sam at uk.ac.ed.lfcs
     / | / |   _   _   _      Arpa : sam%ed.lfcs at nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
    /  |/  |__(_(_( (_(_)_    Uucp : mcvax!ukc!ecsvax!sam